Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Review: The Road

The Road The Road by Cormac McCarthy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't read fiction as much as I should, but I could not put this book down. I was up till 2 am reading it and went to bed with a racing heart b/c I got so engaged in the book. The two quotes that will stay with me for a while from this book are:


"He walked out in the gray light and stood and he saw for a brief moment the absolute truth of the world. The cold relentless circling of the interstate earth. Darkness implacalbe. The blind dogs of the sun in their running. The crushing black vacuum of the universe. And somewhere two hunted animals trembling like groundfoxes in their cover. Borrowed time and borrowed world and borrowed eyes with which to sorrow it." (pg.110)


"She said that the breath of God was his breath yet though it pass from man to man through all of time." (pg.241)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment