Tuesday, April 30, 2013

1st Post

Welcome to Rummage!
I was working on my supporters blog the other week, when I realized how easy and fun it is to make a decent blog on blog-spot! I got excited about the idea of creating a personal blog, to throw out random writings, studies, book reviews, video-clips...the whatnot! This is kind of a continuation of an idea that me and Zack Mills started last year, when we tried to make a "community blog" called sanctorum communio, named after Dietrich Bonhoeffer's first book- a book about the sociology of the church. (Never actually read the book...i consider that a must-do of 2013). While sanctorum communio is still running, in more ways than the blog, the blog has come to a bit of a stand-still, you can go to the site and check out the archives...for some good links and clips http://sanctorumcommunio.tumblr.com/.
Anyways..while I am not sure where the sanctorum communio blog will go, I wanted to start this blog..this rummage spot.

I got the name rummage...because when I was first making a template I turned to my friend Jay Werner and asked him to "say the first word that came to his mind"...it was...rummage....hmm, interesting fellow :)

I looked up the definition and liked it, felt like it fit with where the blog was coming from and where it was going. The thoughts, articles, papers, videos...all come out of my own personal rummagings, ravagings, hunts...the pursuit of the kingdom. That is where these articles and posts are birthed from. But at the same time, it ends up collecting in a slightly organized haphazard pile for others to rummage through.

Through the services of blogger, I can archive and organize the sporadic and constant flow of info and thought I go through in my life of bible teaching, book reading, missionary working, disciple doing, people pursuing, Jesus following...after sometime hopefully this can be a descent resource pile for some who would wish to look through it. Blessed be you if you do! I enjoy every comment and follow as the journey of rummaging begins!

Please type your e-mail on the follow bar below if you want to receive daily updates from this blog. If not, just check it when it suits you. My heart in having people follow this blog is two-fold, I hope people are blessed by what they read and receive...but I also like to have other eyes on what I am writing, reading and watching...as a form of accountability and counsel. I love to help others learn, and I love to learn from others. So this blog is more than a one-sided convo, hopefully its 3-way...me, others and the trinity!

No comments:

Post a Comment